Order Policies 🚚
At Butter Baker, the health and safety of our community are always our top priority, to help prevent the spread of the virus and support well-being of our customers and our employees, we are now offering no-contact delivery service to your home for $8.99 with a minimum purchase of $70 (term and conditions may apply, please see below)
General Policies :
- Due to high volume of orders some of our products may be temporary out-of-stock until further notice, please check back everyday after 9 AM for online inventory update.
- The order cut off time is everyday at 12 PM for next day pick up or delivery, we won't be able to take same day orders & the delivery service is not available on Sundays.
- You can place the order as early as 30 days in advance, for example if you are ordering a cake for MAY/31's delivery, you can place the order as early as MAY/01.
- If you place the order and show up on a different day then you selected, we will NOT be able to prepare your order with such short notice, your order will be canceled and refunded.
- To maintain our product quality, all pick up orders must be picked up on the same day of the selected pick up date by the customer. If the order is not picked up by the end of the day, the products will be disposed and no refund will be issued.
- If you have any special request, including dietary restrictions, condo delivery instructions and etc please leave us a note in the “SPECIAL INSTRUCTION” box located on the “Cart” page.
- We do NOT write greeting messages on the boxes, If you are looking for a nice greeting card to go with your order please click here to shop.
- Any changes to your order including special message, delivery instruction, change of address or delivery date requires 48 hours in advance notice, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number to make changes. Cancellation or refund won't be accepted if we are not contacted within the 48 hours notice period.
- Please store your cake in a fridge as soon as you can, we bake with natural ingredients without chemical additives, our cakes are more fragile and sensitive to the change of temperature. We would recommend to place your box in a cooler during transportation and do not make any sharp turns to avoid the cake being shifted and damaged.
- Delivery time is between 12-6 PM daily except Sundays, we won't be able to guarantee a specific delivery time. If you require a rush delivery or the order to arrive within a certain time frame, please email us at email@example.com for a quote, the rate is starting from $25 within the GTA.
- The delivery rate will remain at $8.99 within the 12 KM radius, for customers outside of our delivery zone we will be offering a discounted rate with the delivery radius up to 30 KM, we want to make sure you can still enjoy our fresh pastries and our delivery drivers are getting paid fairly with their time and hard work.
- We now deliver to West of HWY 400, Etobicoke and Mississauga on every MONDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY, limited deliveries available on a first come first serve basis. Enter your address before check out for eligibility (if you are within 12KM radius of Square One Shopping Centre, the delivery rate is $8.99 flat, if you are between 15-30KM our delivery rate will be much higher).
- If you are outside the 30 KM radius from both of our locations, we won't be able to provide the delivery service to your address.
- Our driver will call or text upon arrival and leave your package by the front door or with the condo concierge, please include the recipient's local contact phone number when the order is placed and to ensure the recipient will be available to receive the order during the delivery time frame, if we are unable to reach the recipient, or the driver is waiting longer than 10 minutes for the order to be collected, the order will be returned to one of our locations, we'll re-arrange next day delivery with additional charges, or you can pick up from either one of our locations. If we cannot reach the sender within 24 hours, the order will be canceled and no refund will be issued.
- All of our drivers wear face masks and disposable gloves to ensure safety of our customers and employees.
In-Store Order Policies:
- Due to high demand we won’t be able to hold same-day orders via phone or email, all products available in store will be on a first come first serve basis, please click on the “locations” dropdown menu for the stores’ hours & visit us as early as you can.
- If you place the order and show up on a different day than you selected, we will NOT be able to prepare your order with such short notice.
- Butter Baker now ships North American wide and to a few countries. Our processing time starts from the moment your order is successfully submitted and may take up to 2 business days to dispatch your order. However, please be aware that processing and handling time may be extended during peak sale periods. Before we can ship your order, we may need to hold your order for payment verification and confirm your details with your card issuer. We will do our very best to minimize delays.
- Please note, remote area deliveries may experience longer shipping times.
- Please note that we reserve the right to amend shipping rates at any time, without notice.
- Shipping windows via Canada Post are estimates and delivery times are not guaranteed as orders may experience unexpected delays (e.g., traffic, weather, additional payment analysis, etc.). Please allow extra time for deliveries to remote markets. When ordering, a phone number is required for the destination shipping address so our carriers can contact the recipient if required. Delivery is only available Monday through Friday, not including federal and provincial statutory holidays.
- You will receive a Canada Post tracking number once your order is fulfilled.
- Shipping is subject to product availability. In exceptional cases, where inventory for select items is no longer available, that item may be removed from your order and all other items will be shipped. Refer to your shipment confirmation email to review all items shipped and the amount charged to your card. Depending on the size of your items and fulfillment location, you may receive your order in multiple packages. Check your tracking information in your shipping confirmation email to determine if you should expect multiple shipments.
- Certain aerosols and alcohol-based products, such as fragrances are considered hazardous materials by Transport Canada, and must be shipped using Standard Ground shipping. Perishable food items may also be subject to shipping restrictions.
- Q. Will there be an price increase in the coming months?
- A. Due to more than 15% ingredients cost increase and average of 10-20% increase from packaging and shipping costs this year, we will be gradually increasing our product pricing to cover cost.
- Q. I order from Butter Baker all the time, but the cake I got today is little bit squished after about 1 hour drive in my car to Hamilton, can you tell me why?
- A. We use only natural ingredients without chemical additives, such as stabilizer or preservatives, our cakes tend to be more fragile and sensitive to temperature change and handling during transportation. If you are picking up the cake please handle with care, if you are driving please secure the cake box and try not to make sharp turns, we would recommend to bring a big cooler on a hot summer day.
- Q. I placed an order online for my co-worker but he will not be home after 2 PM to receive the cake, is there a way you can make special arrangement?
- A. Our drivers arrange their own routes for maximum efficiency and that's why we are able to offer such competitive rate. For express delivery service we can send a driver directly to the recipient within a 2 hour window between 11-6, for the GTA the rate starts from $25 on top of the rate you paid on our website, please let me know if it's okay and we will send you another invoice for the service.
Returns & Exchanges
For reasons of hygiene and the personal safety of our customers, we regret that the following items may not be returned or exchanged: cookies and all food items, sleepwear, fresh flowers, dry flowers. Items returned to Butter Baker via mail or courier that do not comply with this return policy will not be sent back to you, the items will be disposed.
Butter Baker does not give price adjustments on previously purchased merchandise.
Items marked as Final Sale cannot be returned or exchanged.
Regular priced merchandise in its original, unused condition, with its original tags attached, may be returned for exchange or refund within 14 days of purchase. All returns and exchanges must be accompanied by the original receipt or gift receipt. Items marked as Final Sale cannot be returned or exchanged.
For all shipping return orders please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number, our customer service associated will verify products purchased and conditions prior to sending you a return shipping label.
Once Butter Baker receives your return and determines that it complies with this Online Return Policy, we will refund the cost of your merchandise, plus applicable taxes, to your original method(s) of payment. Please allow 2 business days from the receipt of your return at our fulfillment centres for processing and up to 5 business days for the refund to be posted to your credit card.
Butter Baker will not be liable for any returns received that do not comply with the return requirements. Returns that do not comply with the return requirements will be disposed, we will not issue a refund. Any additional shipping of this product will be at the purchaser’s expense.
Exceptions to the Refund Policy:
- All Services (alterations, deliveries, repairs, e-gift cards, etc.)
- All gourmet good
- All charity merchandise
- All merchandise not accepted for refund due to hygienic reasons
Online Purchase Terms & Conditions:
In order to make a purchase on this Website you must be a registered account holder or checkout as a guest. In either case, you must be the age of majority in your province or territory of residence and will need to provide Butter Baker with certain personal information so that your order can be processed. You are responsible to ensure the continued accuracy of this information. You agree to be responsible for: (a) the accuracy of all information that you provide to us, regardless of whether you register or purchase as a guest; (b) maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords or other account identifiers that you choose or that are otherwise assigned to you as a result of any registration or purchase made through the website; and (c) all activities that occur under such password(s) or account(s). Further, you agree to notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account of which you are or become aware.
Butter Baker will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your failure to comply with these Online Purchase Terms and Conditions.
All prices listed are in Canadian currency and all charges will be processed in Canadian currency. Prices which may be displayed or advertised on the Website or through any other electronic communications from Butter Baker are subject to confirmation, do not include shipping fees and applicable sales tax, and are subject to change without notice at Butter Baker’s sole discretion. Shipping and taxes will be displayed at checkout prior to your final order submission. Butter Baker reserves the right to limit the quantities of certain products which you can purchase through the Website and some items viewed on the Website may be unavailable for purchase online. Merchandise in your “shopping bag” is not reserved. Butter Baker may cancel orders and refund customers' payment because of pricing errors, unavailability of inventory or for any other reason. Once your order has shipped, you will receive a shipping confirmation email and your credit card or your desired payment methods will be charged. Orders will ship from our Markham HQ office. Shipping windows via Canada Post are estimates and delivery times are not guaranteed as orders may experience unexpected delays.
Merchandise purchased through this Website may not be purchased or used for any purpose that is unlawful, misleading or deceptive. Orders which circumvent or abuse shipping thresholds, available complimentary shipping promotions or any other promotional offers may be refused or cancelled at Butter Baker sole option. Butter Baker may cancel or refuse to process orders that it reasonably believes include merchandise intended to be re-sold by the purchaser. Further, Butter Baker may refuse any order that it reasonably believes has been placed by a customer who has violated these terms and conditions in the past.
If you have ordered a product by mistake, you may cancel the order by emailing us to email@example.com, where we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the request. Please note we require 36 hours notice to all cancellation or changes to your order
Merchandise may be purchased using an accepted credit card. For security reasons and to prevent fraud: (i) Butter Baker may suspend the use of all or some gift cards on this website and (ii) all orders for products placed through this Website will only be accepted by Butter Baker if the name and address to which the credit card is to be billed corresponds to the name and address that is registered with the purchaser’s credit card provider. If the information does not correspond or if Butter Baker reasonably suspects a fraudulent transaction, your order may be declined by Butter Baker even though the transaction may have been pre-authorized by your financial institution. If this happens, the dollar amount of the order may not be available for other use on your credit card until it is credited back to your account, which may take between three to five business days (more for international credit cards). Butter Baker may in its sole discretion, and without any liability, restrict or terminate your access to this Website at any time without prior notice.